How bad is your pain?
Take this Self Assessment Quiz. If you have a persistent problem with pain, please complete this questionnaire and discuss it with your physical therapist or doctor.
1. Does your pain limit your mobility?
2. Do you find your pain influencing your choice of leisure activities and vacations, and does it keep you from the things you like to do?
3. How would you classify your pain?
a. Generally mild: the pain is infrequent and manageable, and I can go
on about life
b. Mild to moderate : I can do things, but I have a certain degree of pain
c. moderate to severe; pain on a daily basis that severely limits my activities and the things I want to do
d. severe: the pain drastically limits my activities and makes routine functions very difficult
4. Has your pain been getting worse over the past
5. Do you take any medications to relieve your pain?
6. Have you found that your prescription medicine is not helping as much or at all like it used to?
7. Have you discussed your pain condition with your physical therapist or doctor?
8. If you take prescription medicines for your
pain, how satisfied are you with their results:
a. very satisfied
b. somewhat satisfied
c. neither satisfied nor dissatisfied
d. somewhat dissatisfied
e. very dissatisfied
9. Have you been told by your doctor that there is nothing more they can do to help your condition?
10. Do you find walking or climbing stairs uncomfortable?
11. If yes, how many minutes can you walk before pain makes you uncomfortable?
a. less than 2 minutes
b. between 3 and 5 minutes
c. 6 to 9 minutes
d. 10 to 15 minutes
e. more than 15 minutes
Click here for the answers.